Driveability Engineering for Commercial Vehicles - Engineering Solutions for Engines
Driveability Engineering for Commercial Vehicles
- Increase efficiency during the development process
- Improvement of vehicle quality for higher customer satisfaction
- Develop OEM specific D.N.A.
- Assurance of high driveability quality level
- Reproducible driveability assessment based on measured physical values
- Combined operation mode based driveability, performance and fuel consumption assessment
- AVL-DRIVE™ for all phases of the development process, from pure math to on-road vehicle testing
- Common language in driveability development between development areas and within the supply chain
- Real-time assessment provides instant feedback of driveability quality issues and encourages target driven development
- Early detection of driveability deficiencies on test bed / simulation even before a prototype vehicle is available ("Front loading")
- Automatic optimization of driveability (in combination with a closed loop process incorporating the DOE-Tool CAMEO)
- Reduction of number of prototype vehicles ("From Road to Rig to Pure Math")
- Reduction of development time
- Easy integration in customer environment with interfaces to 3rd party measurement systems (ETAS/INCA, ATI/VISION)
With more than 10 years of experience in driveability evaluation and simulation, a lot of OEM's and transmission manufacturers use AVL-DRIVE™ and VSM for quality assurance of driveability in engine and powertrain development projects.
Procedures for the assessment of the highly subjective perception of the driver have been elaborated to define the evaluation method and formulas. Experiences acquired from internal and external vehicle benchmarks and driveability development projects are continually incorporated in the AVL-DRIVE™ software.
- Supporting the calibration process for optimization of driveability
- Specification of target driveability
- Reduction of after-market costs caused by driveability quality issues
AVL-DRIVE™ for commercial vehicles is available for various vehicle classes (light-duty truck, medium and heavy-duty truck, buses and coaches and the following transmission types:
- MT (manual transmission)
- AMT (automated manual transmission)
- AT (automatic transmission)
The AVL-DRIVE measurement system is designed for the objective real-time assessment and quality control of driveability based on the driver's perception.