AVL E-Drive Solutions - E-Drive
AVL E-Drive Solutions
Design, Develop and Test
AVL designs and develops e-drive solutions which are tailored to your specific applications, including hybrids, e-vehicles or auxiliaries. We have over 15 years of experience under our belts in hybrid and e-vehicle development and have a profound knowledge of e-drive and actuators.
To reach a zero-emission mobility the electrification of vehicle powertrains will be necessary. This fact leads to new challenges for car makers and suppliers:
- How to make powertrain component more efficient to extend the range & reduce the charging time?
- How to combine compact and lightweight construction of high-power electronics under considering of passenger security?
- How to fit new technologies like SiC for e-Drive applications to extend functionality and maximize the performance?
- How to ensure safe operation in every environmental condition and for all areas of application?
- How to achieve a faster market entrance by efficient development?
AVL offers a range of services for e-drives:
- Concepts – from the simulation of electric systems to the prototype
- Series development – design, simulation, integration, testing and verification
- Component development - motors, generators, power electronics and actuators
- E-Drive Software development for electronics
- EMC design and simulation
- Testing and validation of performance, functionality and EMC
- Electrification of auxiliary systems and accessories
We develop single e-components but also integrated e-Drives for electric powertrains on every application of use.
The AVL Abilities
- Methodologies & Engineering Know-How of the powertrain system integration to increase the system efficiency
- Enhancing the development of products and technologies through the interaction of computer-aided engineering tools to exploit feasibility
- Improvement loop of technical hardware innovations including the combination of hardware and software to perform high efficiency in power electronics
- System validation and durability tests performed by AVL’s high tech test benches
- Proprietary development & validation as well as cooperation with leading suppliers
AVL designs, develops, integrates and tests your specific e-drive solution and can take it all the way to series development. Key features include:
- Optimal technology for your requirements: PMSM, ASM, SRM, BLDC, linear drives
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) of all components
- Frontloading with innovative simulation technologies